The Engage WORLD SERIES of PICKLEBALL is three full days of spectacular pickleball, and EACH DAY IS UNIQUE!
Be part of the most incredible match-ups, the most intense competition, and the richest cash prizes in pickleball history!
This is the only tournament where you're guaranteed to PLAY WITH & FACE-OFF AGAINST the BEST PLAYERS IN PICKLEBALL!
Also, there's no "2-and-out" for the first two days -- you're guaranteed to play SIX GAMES on Day 1 and FIVE GAMES on Day 2. Plus, they'll be open courts throughout to play all the pick-up games you want!
SEPT 29-OCT 1 • Asheville, NC
Join Us On 18 INDOOR Courts For The Ultimate Pickleball Competition and Largest Prize Money Tournament In History!
First, let's talk divisions. Then, we'll outline the format and schedule for all three days.
There are no skill-level distinctions, and all play is doubles only. At the Engage WORLD SERIES of PICKLEBALL, your division is based solely on gender and age. Under 50, you're a Rebel. Fifty plus, you're a Maverick.
- Men's REBEL Division (MR) - Men 49 or under on 12/31/17.
- Women's REBEL Division (WR) - Women 49 or under on 12/31/17.
- Men's MAVERICK Division (MM) - Men 50 or older on 12/31/17.
- Women's MAVERICK Division (WM) - Women 50 or older on 12/31/17.
Here are the highlights of the Engage WORLD SERIES of PICKLEBALL:
- Each division is limited to 45 TEAMS ONLY (90 players).
- You must participate in Day One to be eligible for Day Two.
- DAY ONE (Wild West Format) - It's a charity pro/am and pickleball fantasy camp combined! There are no set teams. You'll play an 8-game rotation, partnered with and pitted against any other player in your division. You'll also help raise money for a very worthy cause!
- Teams and match-ups will be determined randomly, with no teams paired up more than once.
- Players will have the opportunity to "weight" the random drawing in their favor for a particular pairing or match-up (see below).
- Scores and rankings on Day One are self-contained, and have ZERO EFFECT on Days Two & Three.
- DAY TWO (Swiss Format) - You and your registered partner will begin competing for your share of the $100,000* in prize money.
- "Swiss-style" tournament format, which is super-intense and immediately competitive for all skill levels. There are no eliminations, and all teams will play all 6 rounds (with 1 bye).
- This is NOT Round Robin; the team you face in the next round is based on how many points you scored (and how many you gave up) in the previous round.
- The top 16 teams based on win-loss record and point differentials will advance to Day Three.
- DAY THREE (Classic Format) - If you're one of 16 top teams from the previous day, you'll face off in a traditional, double-elimination, bracketed format to determine what portion of the $100,000 total prize money you're going to take home.
- Here are the cash payouts for EACH WINNING TEAM in EACH DIVISION:
- $12,000 First Prize (QUADRUPLE any other GOLD, plus WSOPB Championship Bracelets)
- $6,000 Second Prize (you'd have to win GOLD at TWO majors to equal our SILVER)
- $3,000 Third Prize (our BRONZE pays the same as the other majors' GOLD)
- $1,500 Forth Prize (no gold, silver or bronze, but you're still getting plenty of green)
- $1,000 Fifth Prize (four-figures for fifth place -- sweet)
- $750 Sixth Prize (you and your partner are pretty much playing for FREE)
- $500 Seventh Prize (your hotel is comped, as long as stayed out of the mini-bar)
- $250 Eighth Prize (your tab's covered at Sierra Nevada - hey, it's 8th place)
That's $25,000* split in EACH DIVISION -- $100,000* TOTAL!
Under 90%, payout equals teams x $500, split
40/20/15/10/6/4/3/2% among top 8 teams.
Now let's dive deeper into each day, so you can see what makes WSOPB the most competitive and enjoyable tournament you'll ever attend:
DAY ONE • Wild West Format
This day will raise money for charity, and will not count in any way toward winning your division or any prize money.
WHAT IS WILD WEST FORMAT?
- Ninety players in each division compete on 18 courts in 8 rounds.
- Games will be 11-win-by-2, with a 15 minute time limit. Games start at :00, :20, :40, with a 5-minute break in between.
- The top 18 players (ranked by committee prior to WSOPB) will each occupy their own court throughout all 8 rounds. These players are known as "Sheriff of The Court." That leaves 3 spots on that court open (1 to partner with the Sheriff, and 2 to oppose).
- The other 72 players are assigned court positions randomly, but they will never play the same position twice. These 72 players will compete in 6 of the 8 rounds (and have 2 byes).
- While court positions will be chosen randomly, players have the ability to "weight" their chances of winning a particular spot. Just as an NBA team gets more balls in the draft lottery depending on their previous-season record, players can purchase more "chips" to be chosen for a certain position. It's just like buying additional raffle tickets to increase your chance of winning.
In addition to helping a worthy cause, Wild West Day at WSOPB gives every player the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to share the court and play with and against their favorite pickleball stars!
- Women's Maverick Division (WM) plays on 18 courts from 8AM - 10:40AM
- Men's Maverick Division (MM) plays on 18 courts from 11:30AM - 2:10PM
- Women's Rebel Division (WR) plays on 18 courts from 3PM - 5:40PM
- Men's Rebel Division (MR) plays on 18 courts from 6:30PM - 9:10PM
The time in between Divisional play is Open play, where you and your partner or anyone else can make use of all 18 courts. Enjoy yourself and get in some practice for...
DAY TWO • Swiss Format
This is when you and your registered partner when begin playing together, hopefully until you're both standing on the podium the next day with a check for $12,000*.
WHAT IS SWISS FORMAT?
- Forty-five teams in each division play a 6-round "Swiss-style" tournament.
- Swiss-style tournaments are popular in Chess and Ultimate Frisbee competitions. This format rapidly determines the strongest teams, and pits them against each other for the most competitive play.
- No team will face each other more than once.
- Teams play all rounds (except their bye), and are never eliminated.
- Games are 11-win-by-2, with a 21-minute time limit per game.
- Games start at :00 and :30.
- After 6 Rounds (5 games and 1 bye), the top 16 teams advance to Day Three.
- Women's Maverick Division (WM) plays on 18 courts from 8AM - 11AM
- Men's Maverick Division (MM) plays on 18 courts from 11:30AM - 2:30PM
- Women's Rebel Division (WR) plays on 18 courts from 3PM - 6PM
- Men's Rebel Division (MR) plays on 18 courts from 6:30PM - 9:30PM
DAY THREE • Classic Format
The Top 16 teams from Day Two battle it out in a classic, bracketed, double-elimination tournament.
Half the teams playing today WILL be taking home a cash prize, it's just a question of how much -- $250 or $12,000 (FOUR TIMES the next-largest purse in pickleball history).
WHAT IS CLASSIC FORMAT?
- Sixteen teams play on 8 courts.
- Games are 11-win-by-2, with a 21-minute time limit per game, except for Championship Match, which has no time limit per game.
- Games start at :00 and :30.
- First loss moves team into the Loser's Bracket; second loss results in elimination.
- Championship match is best 2 out of 3 games.
SCHEDULE - Sixteen to Semis
- Women's Maverick Division (WM) plays on 8 courts from 8AM - 12PM
- Men's Maverick Division (MM) plays on 8 courts from 8AM - 12PM
- Women's Rebel Division (WR) plays on 8 courts from 12PM - 4PM
- Men's Rebel Division (MR) plays on 8 courts from 12PM - 4PM
SCHEDULE - Championship Match
- Women's Maverick Division (WM) plays on 1 court from 5PM - 6PM
- Men's Maverick Division (MM) plays on 1 court from 6PM - 7PM
- Women's Rebel Division (WR) plays on 1 court from 7PM - 8PM
- Men's Rebel Division (MR) plays on 1 court from 8PM - 9PM
* Rules and Schedule subject to change. Last revision 6/18/17.
The Engage WORLD SERIES of PICKLEBALL is guaranteed to feature thrilling match-ups and the most intense pickleball competition ever!
We want to make sure players also have the best seats in the house to watch the world's best pickleball. That's why there are no spectator tickets. If you want to get in to WSOPB, you gotta be a player!
Make plans now to join us September 29 - October 1 in Asheville for the richest cash prize tournament in pickleball history!